Happy New Year people!!! Even though we’re 7 days into the year, it’s never too late😉. May 2017 be your best year yet!
New Years come with new resolutions, and although I’m not a fan of New Year resolutions, I do have some bad hair practices that I must stop this year. I’m sharing them with you all so you can learn not to do them and so you all can hold me accountable.
1. Wear my silk scarf to sleep EVERY NIGHT.
I’m very guilty of not wearing my scarf to sleep, and this is usually because I usually don’t plan to fall asleep when I do. Sometimes, I’m just not in the mood to.
However, this year I’m going to make a conscious effort to cover my hair before every night.
2. Keep My Edges in Perfect Health.
Last year, I noticed my edges were a bit more scanty than normal.
This year I will pay more attention to my edges by doing the following :
1. Ensuring my hairdressers do not pull on them
2. Wearing my silk scarf to bed every night
3. Moisturizing them using the LOC method that I use for the rest of my hair.
4. Moving my shower cap a little lower than normal to avoid friction between the cap and my edges
3. Stop trying to lay my edges
I have tried, I have tried so hard to keep my edges down, but they seem to have a mind of their own. And so this year I have decided to let my edges be. No more edge control and gels, I’ll have some coily beautiful 4c edges, please😊.
4. Show my hair more often
My hair practically lives in protective styles, it’s one way I retain length. However, this year I plan to leave my hair out more.
These are a few resolutions I’ve made for the year, what are your own resolutions? Share with me in the comments box below 😊
N.B: Check out my current PS. It’s African threading. What do you think?